Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This Scrappers Got Talent Contest

Well, as you can see I dont blog near enough. Going to work on changing that. One reason that is changing is because of a contest I participated in this summer. Over at Stuff to Scrap they had a 5 week competition where we had to follow exact instructions and try not to be eliminated. I was nervous each time :)

I came in third. Not bad for my first competition. It was fun to scrap again. I dont get to do it near enough anymore.

So let me share with you the layouts I did and what the instructions were.

Week 1 - As long as we got this one in by the deadline you got to advance. How nice of them :D We had a template we had to use. We were supposed to do a layout about one day in my life, but I didnt really have time to do that so I just did it about my life, which is my family.

 Week 2 - Use only the mini kit provided by the host. Which had 4 papers and 8 elements. It was a chore. To be locked in with only certain things you can use and limited things at that.
 Week 3 - Now this one was tough. NO pictures were to be used. We were required to do three paragraphs of at least 4 sentences. It was hard just coming up with what my theme was going to be. Then it was easy.
 Week 4 - We had to pick an old layout we had done and redo it. Not only redo it but we were to use the exact same photos, and use the photo blend technique.
Here is the one I picked to redo.

 Final Week - We were to do a two page layout - which can be tricky - and use 8 photos, we were only allowed to use this adorable Mega kit by Stuff to Scrap. I loved how this turned out.

I had a blast participating and stretching myself to try and be unique and stand out enough to win.

Third place got a gift certificate and a place on the Stuff to Scrap Creative team. Thus why I need to start blogging more, there will be lots to talk about and new layouts all the time.

I also answered a Creative Team Call for another designer so, look forward to her cute stuff gracing this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment